Friday, June 13, 2008

there's time

set out on a little trip to a place i've never been before
looking for all the things in my life that i've been missing
didn't think it would turn out wrong as i lay there on the floor
couldn't see what's beyond the map stuck on the wall

i was on a pirate ship when i opened my eyes
and the man in front of me, well he was so sure inside
wedding ring on your finger, it's still there you'll see
pick and number and count back in your head to me

try to see the things in your mind
pry apart your fears, i'm blind
don't you dare say it out loud, it might mean something to me
it's ok, i'm alright, you'll find, there's time

as we laugh with the joke, as we cry into the well
brush my teeth, the taste of revelation
and the faces in the mirror hitting back at me
colours swirl inside my head, i wish you could see

kicking on the door, it all seemed so dumb
waching as the clock ticks by, it's now

check out the song we wrote, inspired by amsterdam.
t'was an amazing trip all round, in all sense of the word.


No comments: